You are about to start an exciting journey of self-improvement, professional growth, and academic excellence. Graduate Orientation provides the opportunity to receive an overview of how to succeed in graduate school, including the resources and student services available to you.
Summer 2013 Orientation
Summer Graduate Orientation - Online Option
Are you unable to attend Orientation in person? Get oriented to graduate school from the comfort of your own home. The Graduate School is offering an online option to provide the information that will get you ready for graduate school. Instructions for logging into the webinar will be provided via email by GoToWebinar after you register and prior to the session.
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
VIDEO: Registering for Classes
Unless otherwise directed by your department, you are able to register for courses online once registration is available for the upcoming semester.
- Search class schedules and register for courses via ASAP.
- If unsure about course registration, contact your Graduate Advisor of Record.
- If unable to register due to existing holds on your account, contact Enrollment Services at 210.458.8000, your Graduate Advisor of Record, or The Graduate School at 210.458.4331.
- Domestic students may register for courses prior to Orientation.
International Students must attend the mandatory International Student Orientation before they are able to register for courses.
You are encouraged to obtain your UTSACard prior to Orientation and your first class.
- Obtain your UTSACard at either the Main Campus office (Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS), room 1.01.52) or the Downtown Campus office (Frio Street Building (FS), room 1.506).
- During the first week of the semester, the UTSACard offices on both campuses will have extended hours.
- A valid photo ID (driver's license, military, state issued, or current passport) is required to obtain your UTSACard.
- You must be registered for at least one course before obtaining your UTSACard.
- Students acquiring their UTSACard for the first time will not be charged a fee.
- Call 210.458.4639 or email UTSACard@utsa.edu for questions or office hours.
VIDEO: Ordering Your Parking Permit
It is strongly encouraged that you purchase your student parking permit via your ASAP account prior to the first day of class.
- Information on permits, including price and location, is available here.
- You can purchase your permit, register your vehicle, and update your Parking Account through ASAP.
- Permits are mailed to the address listed in ASAP and should arrive within 3-5 business days.
- At the time of your purchase, you may download and print a 7-day temporary pass.
Other Mandatory Orientations
The Graduate School's Orientation is separate from your Department/Program, Teaching Assistant, or International Student Orientation. Plan to attend additional orientations for full information on what UTSA has to offer.
- International Student Orientation: Visit the International Student Orientation page to register. MANDATORY for new international graduate students.
- Teaching Assistant (TA) Orientation/Training: Visit the Teaching & Learning Center Homepage for more information and to register.
- Department or Program Orientation: Please contact your department or program if you are unsure of the date and time of your program’s orientation session.
Purchase Your Books
Main Campus Courses:
- Textbooks are available for purchase through the Main Campus Bookstore (located in the University Center II) or at surrounding campus bookstores.
Downtown Campus Courses:
- Textbooks are available for purchase through the Downtown Campus Bookstore (located in the Buena Vista Building).
Please visit the UTSA Bookstore Homepage for hours of operation.
Plaza Norte Building (PNB) 2.210
(Formerly the North Paseo Building)
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lindsay O’Day (Front Desk)
Administrative Associate I.
Administrative Associate II
John Shaffer III
Assistant Director of Graduate Student Success