Preliminary Draft Review
What is a preliminary draft?
A preliminary draft is a rough draft of your thesis or dissertation. Scheduling a preliminary draft review with The Graduate School for a formatting check is strongly recommended. The Preliminary Draft...
- May or may not be 100% complete.
- A one-on-one preliminary draft review session should be scheduled with The Graduate School during the semester you plan to graduate.
- Preliminary draft reviews are typically scheduled prior to your defense, when possible.
Scheduling your appointment
- Schedule a preliminary draft review of your thesis/dissertation with The Graduate School for a formatting check. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your draft:
- Print on regular copy paper
- Print single-sided
- Do not staple or bind your document
- During this one-on-one review session, a Graduate School staff member will:
- Review your preliminary draft with you in real time and discuss what changes need to be made
- Inform you of the final submission process and requirements
- Answer any questions you might have
- Preliminary draft review appointments should take no longer than 30 minutes and are made by appointment:
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- To make an appointment, please contact The Graduate School at (210) 458-6898 or email email@example.com
- Downtown Campus appointments are available on Wednesdays and by appointment
Remember: The Graduate School does not read the content of your document, but checks the formatting against our required formatting guidelines (please use our template). If you have questions about the preliminary draft process, please contact the Thesis/Dissertation Officer.