Preliminary Draft Review
What is a preliminary draft?
A preliminary draft is a rough draft of your thesis or dissertation. Submitting a preliminary draft to The Graduate School for a formatting check is strongly recommended.
The Preliminary Draft...
- May or may not be 100% complete.
- Preliminary drafts should be submitted in your final semester--the semester you plan to defend and graduate.
- Preliminary drafts are typically reviewed prior to your defense, when possible.
Please remember: The Graduate School checks your document for required formatting; we do not read your content. This means that we do not check your citations, spelling, or grammar, or review your document for plagiarism.
Preliminary Draft Review Process
- Schedule an appointment with The Graduate School to review your document with a Thesis/Dissertation officer. You can schedule an appointment by calling (210) 458-4331 or emailing email@example.com. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your draft:
- Print on regular copy paper
- Print single-sided
- Do not staple or bind your document
- At your appointment, the Thesis/Dissertation Officer will go over the following:
- Final submission requirements and process
- Any additional questions
Remember: The Graduate School does not read the content of your document, but checks the formatting against our required formatting guidelines (please use our template). If you have questions about the preliminary draft process, please contact the Thesis/Dissertation Officer.
Plaza Norte Building (PNB) 2.210
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm