M.B.A. Project Management
Basic Degree Information/Description
This concentration is designed to offer qualified graduate students the opportunity to study business administration while developing special expertise in project management. To achieve this end, students will complete courses that will enable them to manage projects successfully. Additionally, students will focus their elective choices to improve their understanding of the business environment in which contemporary projects are managed.
Why a UTSA M.B.A?
- Our tuition is affordable.
- We offer a flex-program. Students may decide how many credit hours per semester to take. Also, students can step out of the program for up to 2 years without having to reapply.
- Students can complete the MBA by going full-time or part-time, and can switch back and forth between the two (flex program).
- Our class sizes are small. Average size is 25 students.
- UTSA ranks 40th in the nation for part-time MBA’s by Business Week
Degree candidates must complete minimum of 36 semester credit hours of coursework beyond any hours acquired in the M.B.A. leveling courses.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Admission pre-requisites: Leveling Courses may be required. Please contact the department for more information.
Graduate Studies Application: Yes
Department Application: No
Transcripts: Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
Test Scores: GMAT is preferred however upon review of the M.B.A. committee, GRE scores may be accepted in lieu of GMAT scores.
Resume: Optional, but recommended.
Letters of Recommendation: Optional, but recommended.
Statement of Purpose: Yes
Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
Additional Requirements: International students and those with international degrees may be required to submit additional documents per our admissions policies and procedures. The Graduate School reserves the right to request any additional documents needed to fairly and consistently evaluate applicant credentials.
Application Deadline Dates
Domestic Applicants (Citizens and Permanent Residents):
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: September 1
- Summer: March 1
- Fall: April 1
Degree Website: http://business.utsa.edu/graduate/mba_wp.aspx
Degree Catalog Link: http://www.utsa.edu/gcat/chapter6/COB/istmdept.html#mbapmc
Graduate Advisor of Record: James & Kathy
Telephone: (210) 458-4641
Contact the Graduate School: Contact now for more information
Career Options Available for an M.B.A. Graduate
- UTSA is the only university in town with a professional and dedicated Graduate Career Services.
- Approximately, 30% of working professionals reported receiving a promotion with an average salary increase in excess of $11,000.
- Graduate internship opportunities are available for traditional two-year students. Full-time students report an average starting salary upon completion of the program of $61,000.
- M.B.A. graduates on a national average earn 50% more after completion of their programs compared to those with a bachelor’s degree alone. This will vary by industry, region of country and previous job experience.
- Work alongside professionals from:
Course Scheduling and Offerings
A majority of our MBA students are working professionals. Thus, most classes are offered in an evening format at the 1604 Campus.
Research taking place in the M.B.A.
Our professors do research in their fields which keep them current. In turn, this also helps students keep current and aware of trends/changes.