Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Advanced Manufacturing and Enterprise Engineering (M.S.)
Basic Degree Information/Description
Program Overview: As lean thinking, enterprise process re-engineering, and digital manufacturing are becoming more prevalent in the work place, engineering and science professionals need to be prepared to address the enterprise as a holistic system of technologies, decision-making processes, and cultural components. The Master of Science in Advanced Manufacturing and Enterprise Engineering (M.S. in AMEE) program is designed to offer an opportunity to individuals who are inspired for leadership positions in industry, government and academia. The M.S. in AMEE is truly an interdisciplinary program founded on the strong collaboration of many academic departments and the Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Lean Systems (CAMLS). Graduate students are exposed to research problems through projects with the industry consortium members of CAMLS and its state-of-the-art laboratory facilities.
Advanced Manufacturing: Effective integration and synthesis of automation technologies, human resources, and decision making models that facilitate efficient design, planning, scheduling and control of production of goods and provision of services.
Enterprise Engineering: Use of effective systems engineering tools, lean and six-sigma methodologies to engineer the entire enterprise or design and integration of certain enterprise components for most efficient products, process and business operations.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines:
- The minimum number of semester credit hours required for the degree is 30 for the thesis option and 33 for the nonthesis option.
- For a complete list of degree requirements, please see the Graduate Catalog.
- Due to the multidisciplinary nature of the program, each student’s transcript will be evaluated to determine course deficiencies, if any, on a case-by-case basis. Individuals with backgrounds in science, engineering and technical business disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- A complete Graduate Studies application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- General GRE Required
- Letters of Recommendation are optional.
- Statement of Purpose is optional.
- Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
- Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
Additional Requirements: International students and those with international degrees may be required to submit additional documents per our admissions policies and procedures. The Graduate School reserves the right to request any additional documents needed to fairly and consistently evaluate applicant credentials.
Flexible Manufacturing and Lean Systems (FMLS) Lab (Dr. F. Frank Chen and Dr. Adel Alaeddini): Technological advancement and tools of flexible manufacturing systems and lean enterprise systems.
Manufacturing Systems and Automation (MSA) Lab (Dr. Can Saygin and Dr. Krystel Castillo): Effective and efficient integration and synthesis of automation technologies, human resources, and decision-making models for design, planning, scheduling, and control of production of goods and delivery of services.
Robotics and Intelligent Machines (RIM) Lab (Dr. Brent Nowak): Machine, tooling, equipment, and automation development; Adaptive end-effectors for force-precision assembly; serial ma¬nipulator design, sensors and sensing systems development, and heuristic controls.
Sustainable Manufacturing Systems (SMS) ( Dr. Hungda Wan): Lab Evaluation and enhancement of sustainability of manufacturing systems in three major areas: Lean Operations, Digital Factory, and Green Processes.
Advanced Machining Cell @ the Engineering Machine Shop (Dr. F. Frank Chen): Featuring a Chevalier FNL-250Y CNC Turning-Milling Machine, Chevalier ULTRA-H612CNCII Submicron CNC Profile Surface Grinder, and ABB irb 2400 Industrial Robot.