Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Education (M.A.) Instructional Technology
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Instructional Technology concentration focuses on the uses and applications of technology in instructional environments. Emphasis is placed on the development, function, and utilization of a variety of technologies within educational settings. This concentration is designed for students seeking to expand their knowledge of instructional technology as well as those seeking leadership roles in this area.
Why pursue an M.A in Education - Instructional Technology
- Strong dual emphasis on emergent technologies and on pedagogically sound uses of technology.
- Strong community of practice with emphasis on varied levels of interaction with instructors and with peers.
- Blended course structures that facilitate face-to-face and online learning.
- Thesis Option: 33 Semester Credit Hours
- Non-Thesis Option: 36 Semester Credit Hours
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Bachelor's degree with 18 credit hours in field of study or in another appropriate field of study.
- A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- A complete Graduate Studies application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- If an applicant’s GPA is between 2.7 and 2.99, probationary admission may be granted and the student must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA during the first 12 hours of coursework.
- Resume or CV, Letters of Recommendation, and Statement of Purpose are not required.
- Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
- Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
- Additional Requirements: International students and those with international degrees may be required to submit additional documents per our admissions policies and procedures. The Graduate School reserves the right to request any additional documents needed to fairly and consistently evaluate applicant credentials.
Career Options Available for a M.A in Education-Instructional Technology Graduate
- Instructional Coordinator
- Distance Education Director
- Course Developer
- Corporate Trainer
- Software Consultant
- Training Specialist
- Resource Instructor
- Assistive Technology Coordinator
- System Analyst I