Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Finance (M.S.) with Real Estate Concentration
Basic Degree Information/Description
This concentration is designed to offer the opportunity for qualified graduate students to study finance at the graduate level with an emphasis in real estate finance. It assists students in preparing for real estate careers in the field of finance or for graduate study in real estate at the doctoral level.
Why pursue an M.S. in Finance with a Real Estate Concentration at UTSA?
With the introduction of new products and technology to the financial marketplace in the past two decades, many areas of finance have undergone significant transformation. An understanding of the new financial environment requires the application of state-of-the-art analytical and computational techniques.
- Students must complete 33 semester credit hours and a comprehensive examination.
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Students with non-finance undergraduate degrees may be required to take additional undergraduate and graduate courses for removal of deficiencies, as determined by the Graduate Program Committee in Finance. Such courses do not apply toward the degree. Please contact the department for more information.
- A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- A complete Graduate Studies application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- The GMAT is required
- A Resume is recommended - with employment or work experience.
- Letters of Recommendation are recommended.
- A Statement of Purpose is required.
- Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
- Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
Career Options Available for Finance with a Real Estate Concentration Graduates
Graduates will be able to explore career opportunities in areas such as financial analysis, market analysis, mortgage banking, real estate development and real estate investment.