Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Master of Accountancy - 150 Hour Program
The University of Texas at San Antonio integrated bachelor and master’s degree program provides the opportunity for outstanding undergraduate students to simultaneously begin work on a master’s degree.
|College||Undergraduate Degree||Graduate Degree|
|College of Business||BBA-Accounting||Master in Accountancy|
The MACY 150-Hour Program offers these advantages over the standard Master's Program:
- A 3/2 degree program.
- Allows accounting majors to spread the graduate courses required for the MACY degree over their fourth and fifth year of the 150 hour program.
- Upon completion of the 150-Hour program, student will be simultaneously awarded the BBA in Accounting and the Master of Accountancy degrees.
- Meet the accounting coursework requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Examination.
- More marketable for employment opportunities with both degrees.
Policy and Admission Requirements for Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Accountancy Admission Requirements:
- Currently attending/active UTSA undergraduate degree seeking major, with at least 60 credit hours towards the undergraduate accounting major.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0, a grade point average of 3.0 in accounting courses taken.
- An acceptable official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score.
- Have completed a minimum of 6 semester credit hours of upper-level undergraduate accounting courses including ACC 3023 Intermediate Accounting I.
- Select the Accounting - 150 hour, Master of Accountancy program on the Graduate School online application.
- Submit online application with a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official GMAT test scores, institution code: 6919.
- Submit a personal statement.
- A current resume with data regarding employment and other relevant experience (optional)
- Letters of reference (optional)
- International Applicants only - Minimum TOEFL/IELTS test score: IBT of 79 or IELTS of 6.5, with undergraduate record.
Once admitted to the Integrated BBA-MACY or BS-MS, you are required to meet the academic standards of the Graduate School. For details on Graduate School policies and procedures go to the Graduate School Handbook.