Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Basic Degree Information/Description
In addition to satisfying the University-wide graduate admission requirements, a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics or Statistics or a closely related field is highly recommended as preparation. Students who do not qualify for unconditional admission should anticipate that additional undergraduate and/or graduate coursework may be required to complete the degree. It is recommended that the applicant submit two letters of reference, preferably from those who can speak to the applicant’s mathematical abilities.
Why pursue a M.S. in Mathematics from UTSA?
Diverse: Issues In Higher Education magazine acknowledged UTSA as one of the nation’s “top STEM degree producers” in August 2013. UTSA’s Mathematics and Statistics programs were ranked 12th nationally for the number of master’s degrees awarded to minority students during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Degree candidates are required to successfully complete 36 semester credit hours.
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is highly recommended as preparation. However, exceptional applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field may also be considered for admission. Students who do not qualify for unconditional admission should anticipate that additional undergraduate and/or graduate coursework may be required to complete the degree.
- A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- A completed graduate studies application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- Applicants should provide scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- It is recommended that the applicant submit two letters of reference, preferably from those who can speak to the applicant’s mathematical abilities.
- Additional Requirements: International students and those with international degrees may be required to submit additional documents per our admissions policies and procedures. The Graduate School reserves the right to request any additional documents needed to fairly and consistently evaluate applicant credentials.