Federal, State and Institutional Funding
Academic Eligibility Requirements
Graduate students must meet the following academic eligibility requirements to hold an assistantship:
- Admitted as "degree-seeking" into a graduate program.
- Assignment(s) mustnot exceed a total of 20 hours per week.
- Minimum enrollment of 6 hours in a long semester (fall and spring) or 1 hour in a summer semester.
- Must be in academic good standing.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0.
In-State Tuition Eligibility Requirements
GRA or TA I or II students seeking in-state tuition eligibility requirements:
- Must hold a title in a Graduate Research Assistantship or Teaching Assistantship I or II.
- Please note that Graduate Assistant titles do not qualify for in-state tuition
- Must meet all academic requirements listed above.
- Must be appointed for the entire semester:
- Fall Semester: September 1 through January 15
- Spring Semester: First day of semester through May 31
- Summer Semester: June 1 through August 31
- Must be appointed for 20 hours per week.
- Department MUST fill out the Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Request each semester.
- Form will be sent to Ann Roberts in Fiscal Services department.