“Completing my doctorate degree in educational leadership has opened doors and opportunities for me I never could have imagined when I decided to enter the program.”
Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS)
Monday - Friday
8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
Uploading Admission Documents
All required documents must be submitted by the posted deadline. All materials become property of UTSA and are maintained at The Graduate School. For applications submitted over a year ago will require new and updated materials.
Documents that have been uploaded through the online application do not require hard (paper) copies. This applies to both domestic and international applicants. Note: this does not apply to transcripts.
Uploaded Unofficial transcripts can be accepted for the review of the application only. All Official transcripts and Degree Certificates should be received by UTSA prior to registration, if admitted. The Graduate School requires official transcripts from every institution an applicant has attended.
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Applicants will need to upload all supplemental documentation required by their program through their online application.
- Click the "CV/Resume" tab
- Upload your resume or CV (preferably in pdf
- After files are uploaded click "Save and Continue"
GRE or GMAT Test Scores:
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores depending on your program of interest. Refer to your program for more information.
- Unofficial scores can be added to the online application by uploading the test score document or typing unofficial scores in the "Test Scores" tab
- If test scores are not required for your specific program: read the statement in the "Test Scores" tab, check the acknowledgement box , and click "Save and Next"
- Test scores must be received directly from ETS to be considered official.
- We do not consider photocopies or scanned copies of test scores to be an official score report.
- The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for The University of Texas at San Antonio is 6919.
- An applicant whose program of interest requires either the GRE or GMAT is required to submit the official test scores prior to rendering a decision.
- UTSA offers preparatory workshops through the Office of Extended Education. You may contact them for additional information.
Letters of Recommendation:
- Letters of Recommendation vary by program. A maximum of 3 letters may be required. Please review your program for more information.
- To upload a letter:
- Register each of your recommenders through the online application on the "Register Recommender" tab
- Your recommender's contact information is required
- A notification with instructions will be sent to each of the recommender's email accounts
- The recommender will complete their recommendation and attach their document as a response to the initial email
- Once the recommender has completed the process, an automated email will notify you the process has been completed
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring their recommenders have completed the process by the posted deadline
- Applications may be submitted without their Letters of Recommendations; however, the review process will not be completed until all requirements are fulfilled
- Click the "Personal Statement" tab
- Upload your document (preferably in pdf format)
- After the file is uploaded click "Save and Continue"
The Graduate School requires official transcripts from every institution an applicant has attended. Transcripts must be received in a completely sealed envelope to be considered official. Institutions may submit official transcripts electronically by emailing them to email@example.com or mail official transcripts to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: The Graduate School
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded on the "Education History" part of the online application to expedite your application processing; however, official transcripts are required.
All documents submitted through a courier service (UPS, FedEx, other) are sent directly to UTSA’s Central Receiving office. The Graduate School will receive the document within 2-3 business days of receipt from the Central Receiving Office.