Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS)
Monday - Friday
8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
3MT® Research Competition
The Graduate School is proud to host the next generation of research competitions!! 3MT® (3-Minute Thesis) is a competition providing graduate students the opportunity to showcase their research… in 3 minutes or less! For the purposes of this competition, the term “research” is interpreted broadly. This exciting research competition is held each spring semester during Graduate Student Appreciation Week.
Winners will receive the following 3MT Award amounts:
- 1st Place ~ $1500
- 2nd Place ~ $750
- 3rd Place ~ $500
- People’s Choice ~ $200
The 1st place winner will also have the opportunity to participate in a 3MT® regional competition at the Conference of Southern Graduate Schools (CSGS) Annual Meeting. Students who are not competing are welcome to attend as part of the Final’s Competition audience to cheer on your classmates and vote for “People’s Choice”.
If you are interested in competing, please read through the following information:
- Master’s and Doctoral students are able to compete.
- Students must be currently enrolled in graduate-level coursework.
- Students must be in good academic standing (3.0 or above)
- Students must submit their research/presentation topic at the time they register to compete.
- Presentations are limited to a three minute maximum. Competitors exceeding three minutes will be disqualified.
- One single (static) PowerPoint slide is permitted.
- No sound, video, or additional props can be utilized during the presentation.
- Index cards or speech notes are allowed.
3MT® will have a preliminary and final competition. Registration for this competition confirms that you are available for both dates and times.
Coming Spring 2019
Coming Spring 2019