Doctoral Degree Programschoose a program
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
We have two teams to help you through the process.
General questions prior to applying can be directed to our Graduate Recruiters.
Once you have applied, questions about the application process should then be directed to our Graduate Processors.
Graduate Recruiters: Located in the Multidisciplinary Studies Building 4.01.52
Office Hours: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Monday, Wendesday and Friday - virtual office hours
Tuesday and Thursday - in-person
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
Office Hours: 8 A.M.–12 P.M.
Tuesday and Thursday - in-person
Phone: (210) 458-
Fax: (210) 458-
Send Official Transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unofficial Transcripts and Other Documents for Spring 2022 can be Uploaded here! (requires UTSA
student ID in the form of abc123) if they have not been submitted as part of your application.
Unofficial Transcripts and Other Documents for Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 must be uploaded directly to the application.
Artificial Intelligence (M.S.)
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Science degree program in Artificial Intelligence offers integrated studies involving software and hardware. A thesis option is available for students who wish to have research experience. Three concentrations are available including Analytics, Computer Science and Intelligent and Autonomous Systems.
Why pursue an M.S. in Artificial Intelligence?
- The Master’s in AI is an umbrella interdisciplinary program with courses drawn from three departments: Department of Computer Science, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Management Science & Statistics.
- The Master's degree program offers three concentrations in Analytics, Computer Science, and Intelligent and Autonomous Systems.
- Curated AI courses provide the students with a repertoire of AI skills and tools for effectively solving problems in a specific domain and extend the knowledge to advance their own respective disciplines.
- Prepares graduate students in a multidisciplinary AI training environment that supports industry-readiness in AI sub-fields.
- The Master's degree program offers thesis and non-thesis options that allow students to gain valuable experiences in cutting-edge research. The research activities and experimental facilities have been well-supported by various basic and applied research grants.
Overview of the Three Concentrations
- Analytics: The analytics concentration provides the students with the skillsets and tools in data analysis using modern machine learning and inference models, that can support predictive modeling and business operations analytics.
- Computer Science: The computer science concentration equips students with foundations in AI algorithms, methods, systems, and tools; with skillsets in employing these techniques for real-world applications; and with demonstrated ability in carrying out capstone projects or thesis to be ready for tomorrow’s workforce.
- Intelligent and Autonomous Systems: The Intelligent and Autonomous Systems concentration trains students with theories and application knowledge needed for developing and control autonomous systems such as autonomous vehicles, robots, intelligent power systems, and smart health systems.
- Candidates for the degree are required to successfully complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of graduate coursework as described in the program of study.
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
|Required Degree||Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, sciences or in related fields.|
|Other Degree Requirements||Students who do not qualify for unconditional admission may be admitted on a conditional basis. Students who are admitted on a conditional basis may be required to complete specific undergraduate courses as conditions of admission. If such courses are listed as prerequisites, they will not count toward the graduate degree. In such cases, students should anticipate that additional time will be required to complete the degree.|
|General University Requirements||Must meet university wide requirements.|
|Application||A completed Graduate School application.|
|Transcripts||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.|
|Resume or Curriculum Vitae||Required.|
|Letters of Recommendation||Two letters recommended.|
|Statement of Purpose||Required.|
|Test Scores||Not required.|
|Evaluation of Foreign Credentials||
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
|International Applicants||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
*Students are encouraged to submit a copy of curriculum vita, a statement of purpose, and two letters of reference, if the student has accumulated extensive work experience and additional qualifications beyond the transcripts submitted. If the student wants to be considered for a teaching assistantship, the statement of purpose and the letters of reference should provide information about the student's ability and teaching experience.
Career Options Available
- Our M.S. graduates are working in various industrial positions at companies such as USAA, AMD, Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon, Samsung, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, and Intel.
- Some of our M.S. graduates have been admitted to Ph.D. Degree programs at universities including UT Austin, Purdue University, MIT, Rice University, and Texas A&M.
Research taking place in AI at UTSA:
- UTSA has invested in a transdisciplinary AI Consortium that is a central hub for AI research in the greater San Antonio area, that houses ~65 researchers from 4 different organizations. Please visit us at https://ai.utsa.edu for further details on the cutting-edge research activities pursued in the consortium.