Doctoral Degree ProgramsPhysics (Ph.D.)
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
M.B.A. - Dual Master of Business Administration Degree and Master of Public Health Degree Program
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Business Administration/Master of Public Health (MBA/MPH) dual degree is a collaborative program between The University of Texas at San Antonio, College of Business (COB) and The University of Texas School of Public Health (UTSPH). The MBA/MPH program will prepare students to integrate business and public health skills in their professional lives as practitioners, researchers or administrators. Combining the MBA and MPH degrees prepares students to use the expertise and skills gained in business and management toward solving crucial health and healthcare issues faced by public and private organizations worldwide.
Benefits of pursuing the Dual MBA/MPH program
- The dual degree program provides an avenue for students to concurrently enroll in both degree programs so that duplication in course content is eliminated.
- Time and costs incurred are reduced by about 25 percent compared to earning the two degrees independently.
- Shared crediting of some coursework makes it possible for students to complete both degrees in just three years.
Total credit hours for dual degree plan:
- (57) credit hours* + any needed COB leveling courses.
- The Dual Degree program reduces completion time for both degrees by one year.
* Dual degree plan allows for a total of up to 24 shared credit hours between the COB and SPH programs
Application, Admission, and Enrollment: Students seeking admission to the MBA/MPH program must meet the application requirements of each University, apply and be admitted to both degree programs before being considered for acceptance into the dual degree program by the MBA/MPH’s Coordinating Committee. Please note: admission to one program does not ensure admission to the other. Students are responsible for tuition and fee payments for courses taken in both schools, and upon successful completion of the degree requirements will receive a diploma from each university. Current MBA or MPH students may decide to add the dual degree option to their educational plan and receive credit for shared courses as long as they are in the first half of their initial program.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Leveling Courses may be required. Please contact the department for more information.
- A completed Graduate Studies application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- GMAT is preferred however upon review of the M.B.A. committee, GRE scores may be accepted in lieu of GMAT scores.
- A resume is optional.
- Letters of Recommendation are optional
- A Statement of Purpose is required.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. citizens (Domestic), or permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit an evaluation from an approved Foreign Credential Agency of transcripts from all foreign institutions attended. If official transcripts are used in the foreign credential evaluation, the official transcript requirement will be considered met. However, if unofficial documents are used in the foreign credential evaluation, final official transcripts must be sent to UTSA.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- The Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA) is a private corporation that provides evaluations of foreign school credentials. The application is available at: Application for Credentials Evaluation.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Application forms and directions may be obtained from:
To apply for the Dual MBA/MPH you must apply and be accepted at both schools. Note that the application deadline differs at each school.
- Apply for UTSA’s MBA program here: http://graduateschool.utsa.edu/graduate-admissions/graduate-application/
- Apply for UTSPH MPH program here: https://portal.sophas.org/
Career options for MBA/MPH graduates:
The MBA degree provides valuable training for professionals pursuing careers in administration and management through skills learned in core business disciplines such as accounting, business law, economics, finance, information systems, management, management science, marketing, and others.