Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
Education (M.A.) Instructional Technology
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Instructional Technology concentration focuses on the uses and applications of technology in instructional environments. Emphasis is placed on the development, function, and utilization of a variety of technologies within educational settings. This concentration is designed for students seeking to expand their knowledge of instructional technology as well as those seeking leadership roles in this area.
Why pursue an M.A in Education - Instructional Technology
- Strong dual emphasis on emergent technologies and on pedagogically sound uses of technology.
- Strong community of practice with emphasis on varied levels of interaction with instructors and with peers.
- Blended course structures that facilitate face-to-face and online learning.
- Thesis Option: 33 Semester Credit Hours
- Non-Thesis Option: 36 Semester Credit Hours
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Required Degree: Bachelor's degree with 18 credit hours in field of study or in another appropriate field of study.
- Other Degree Requirements: Applicants without adequate preparation in education may be required to complete preparatory courses as a condition of admission.
- General University Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- Application: A complete Graduate School application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: Not required
- Letters of Recommendation: Not required
- Statement of Purpose: Not required
- Test Scores: Individuals who do not meet the University-wide graduate admission GPA may be required to submit GRE scores. The scores may not be older than five years.
- Other: None.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: U.S. Citizens (Domestic) or permanent residents who have earned university level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit all official transcripts from foreign institutions along with an evaluation of the transcripts from an approved Foreign Credential Agency.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- The Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA) is a private corporation that provides evaluations of foreign school credentials. The application is available at: Application for Credentials Evaluation.
- International Applicants:
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 550 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
- Additional Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet international graduate student admission requirements.
Career Options Available for a M.A in Education-Instructional Technology Graduate
- Instructional Coordinator
- Distance Education Director
- Course Developer
- Corporate Trainer
- Software Consultant
- Training Specialist
- Resource Instructor
- Assistive Technology Coordinator
- System Analyst I