Finance (M.S.) with Real Estate Concentration
Basic Degree Information/Description
This concentration is designed to offer the opportunity for qualified graduate students to study finance at the graduate level with an emphasis in real estate finance. It assists students in preparing for real estate careers in the field of finance or for graduate study in real estate at the doctoral level.
Why pursue an M.S. in Finance with a Real Estate Concentration at UTSA?
With the introduction of new products and technology to the financial marketplace in the past two decades, many areas of finance have undergone significant transformation. An understanding of the new financial environment requires the application of state-of-the-art analytical and computational techniques.
- Students must complete 33 semester credit hours and a comprehensive examination.
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
| Required Degree
||An undergraduate degree in finance or related field.
| Other Degree Requirements
||Students with non-finance undergraduate degrees may be required to take additional undergraduate and graduate courses for removal of deficiencies, as determined by the Graduate Program Committee in Finance. Such courses do not apply toward the degree. Please contact the department for more information.
| General University Requirements
||Must meet university wide requirements.
||A completed a Graduate School application.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
||A resume is optional, but a current resume with employment or other experience is recommended.
| Letters of Recommendation
||Letters of Recommendation are optional, but recommended.
| Statement of Purpose
| Test Scores
||GMAT or GRE, not older than five years old.
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- Foreign credential evaluations must be received by the application deadline for your application to be processed.
- Foreign Credentials Service of America in Austin, TX is the only accepted evaluation agency. They can be reached at (512) 459-8429, firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at https://www.foreigncredentials.org/our-services/apply-now/.
- If you need a request form, please visit the FCSA website to access the form here.
| International Applicants
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Application Deadline Dates
Career Options Available for Finance with a Real Estate Concentration Graduates
Graduates will be able to explore career opportunities in areas such as financial analysis, market analysis, mortgage banking, real estate development and real estate investment.
Course Scheduling and Offerings
The Majority of UTSA’s Finance students are employed full-time while pursuing their graduate degrees. To meet the needs of these busy professionals, classes are offered in the evening format. Special scheduling of courses during spring semesters allows Finance students to complete internships and also maintain full-time graduate status.