Doctoral Degree ProgramsPhysics (Ph.D.)
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
Finance (M.S.) with Real Estate Concentration
Basic Degree Information/Description
This concentration is designed to offer the opportunity for qualified graduate students to study finance at the graduate level with an emphasis in real estate finance. It assists students in preparing for real estate careers in the field of finance or for graduate study in real estate at the doctoral level.
Why pursue an M.S. in Finance with a Real Estate Concentration at UTSA?
With the introduction of new products and technology to the financial marketplace in the past two decades, many areas of finance have undergone significant transformation. An understanding of the new financial environment requires the application of state-of-the-art analytical and computational techniques.
- Students must complete 33 semester credit hours and a comprehensive examination.
- For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Required Degree: An undergraduate degree in finance or related field.
- Other Degree Requirements: Students with nonfinance undergraduate degrees may be required to take additional undergraduate and graduate courses for removal of deficiencies, as determined by the Graduate Program Committee in Finance. Such courses do not apply toward the degree.
- General University Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- Application: A complete Graduate School application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: A current resume with employment or other experience is optional.
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters of reference are optional.
- Statement of Purpose: A personal statement.
- Test Scores: GMAT, not older than five years.
- Other: None.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. citizens (Domestic), or permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit an evaluation from an approved Foreign Credential Agency of transcripts from all foreign institutions attended. If official transcripts are used in the foreign credential evaluation, the official transcript requirement will be considered met. However, if unofficial documents are used in the foreign credential evaluation, final official transcripts must be sent to UTSA.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- The Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA) is a private corporation that provides evaluations of foreign school credentials. The application is available at: Application for Credentials Evaluation.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Career Options Available for Finance with a Real Estate Concentration Graduates
Graduates will be able to explore career opportunities in areas such as financial analysis, market analysis, mortgage banking, real estate development and real estate investment.