Doctoral Degree Programschoose a program
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
We have two teams to help you through the process.
General questions prior to applying can be directed to our Graduate Recruiters.
Once you have applied, questions about the application process should then be directed to our Graduate Processors.
Graduate Recruiters: Located in the Multidisciplinary Studies Building 4.01.52
Office Hours: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Monday, Wendesday and Friday - virtual office hours
Tuesday and Thursday - in-person
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
Office Hours: 8 A.M.–12 P.M.
Tuesday and Thursday - in-person
Phone: (210) 458-
Fax: (210) 458-
Send Official Transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unofficial Transcripts and Other Documents for Spring 2022 can be Uploaded here! (requires UTSA
student ID in the form of abc123) if they have not been submitted as part of your application.
Unofficial Transcripts and Other Documents for Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 must be uploaded directly to the application.
Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
Basic Certificate Description
This 15-hour certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis is designed to meet the needs of current and prospective students interested in developing basic skills in applied behavioral analysis. It is to be offered through the Department of Educational Psychology (EDP).
This certificate focuses on the perspective of educational psychology and special education from learning theory as it relates to applied behavior analysis.
Why pursue a Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis?
The ABA Certificate is designed to meet the needs of multiple populations:
- Post-baccalaureate graduates who are not intending to pursue a graduate degree.
- Master's or Doctoral degree seeking students who want to develop job-specific skills in applied behavior analysis.
- Graduates who are interested in pursuing some of the coursework that could allow them to seek certification as a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) or a Board Certified Behavior Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- There is no other similar certificate offered within Bexar County or the surrounding area.
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
Students who are not currently enrolled in a graduate degree program will be required to apply for admission to UTSA as a special (non-degree-seeking) graduate student and to indicate their intent to seek admission into a certificate program. Applicants will be required to meet university admission requirements for special graduate students.
Currently enrolled students would contact the Student Development Specialist and complete a form requesting permission to enter and complete the certificate program. The [ABA Certificate] Program Advisor and the Dean of the College of Education and Human Development will sign the certificate form. A copy of this form will be sent to The Graduate School.
University policy allows for a maximum number of only twelve hours of graduate coursework as a special graduate student status to be transferred to a graduate degree program. Students accepted into the ABA certificate program as special graduate students will be required to designate formally at the completion of the first nine hours whether they want to remain as a special student or be formally admitted to another graduate program.
Departmental entrance requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in an approved area of study (e.g., psychology, sociology, education).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last two years of work toward the bachelor’s degree.
- To maintain enrollment in the certificate program, students should maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout tenure in the program.
|General University Requirements||Must meet certificate program regulations.
|Application||A completed Graduate School application, unless currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
|Transcripts||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.|
|Resume or Curriculum Vitae||Not required.|
|Letters of Recommendation||Not required.|
|Statement of Purpose||Not required.|
|Test Scores||Not required.|
|Evaluation of Foreign Credentials||
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
|International Applicants||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
Specifically, this certificate targets:
- Professionals who are interested in a Master’s degree but want to start with a certificate
- Professionals who are interested in specializing in the application of behavior supports
- Professionals who are pursuing a Master’s degree in School Psychology or Special Education who would like a behavioral support specialization that in application could lead to becoming a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst
- Professionals who already hold a Master’s degree but would like to take coursework towards becoming board certified in behavior analysis