Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
Basic Certificate Information
The purpose of the Professional Certificate in Geographic Information Science is to create individuals, from a broad range of academic disciplines, who are competent users of Geographic Information Science and the related tools of the Global Positioning System and Remote Sensing. Although the program is generally oriented towards earth and environmental science professionals, individuals with business, social science, medical, engineering, criminal science or education backgrounds will benefit from this professional certificate. Individuals completing this certificate will gain a practical and hands-on knowledge of Geographic Information Science
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
The prerequisites for this program are a bachelor’s degree with a current status as a degree-seeking or special student in a graduate-level program.
May require leveling courses to be determined by department. Please consult advisor for the program. Specific Degree Requirements: See Catalog.
To maintain enrollment in the certificate program, students should maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout tenure in the program.
| General University Requirements
||Must meet certificate program regulations.
||A completed Graduate School application, unless currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
| Letters of Recommendation
| Statement of Purpose
| Test Scores
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
||All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- Foreign credential evaluations must be received by the application deadline for your application to be processed.
- Foreign Credentials Service of America in Austin, TX is the only accepted evaluation agency. They can be reached at (512) 459-8429, email@example.com, or online at https://www.foreigncredentials.org/our-services/apply-now/.
- If you need a request form, please visit the FCSA website to access the form here.
| International Applicants
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.