Graduate Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability
Basic Certificate Information
The Graduate Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability provides students with the theoretical knowledge and applied skills to understand how buildings impact the environment and how building performance, in terms of operational energy, daylighting, occupant comfort/health, embodied energy, water conservation and reuse, and other relevant and emerging issues (such as biophilia) can be predicted, analyzed and used to improve buildings.
Why pursue a Graduate Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability?
- The Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability provides students with the opportunity to gain understanding and skills in various aspects of sustainability and high environmental performance in the built environment.
- The Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability certificate provides students with an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of high-performance design and sustainability and prepares them for further graduate studies in this area.
- The Certificate in High-Performance Design and Sustainability certificate provides skills and knowledge complimentary to the pursuit of a professional career in the design and/or analysis of high-performance buildings and sustainability.
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
Program may require leveling courses to be determined by department. Please consult the advisor for the program.
| General University Requirements
||Must meet certificate program regulations.
||A completed Graduate School application, unless currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
| Letters of Recommendation
| Statement of Purpose
| Test Scores
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Specific Degree Requirements: The Certificate requires 15 semester credit hours of coursework. For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Term Offerings: Fall, Spring and Summer