Graduate Certificate in Music Pedagogy (Voice or Keyboard)
Basic Certificate Information
The Certificate in Music Pedagogy is designed for the active voice or piano teacher with interest in continuing their education through a program that is focused on practical courses in their field. Admission requirements to the Certificate Program are the same as admission requirements to the Master of Music program (audition, 3 letters of reference, statement of purpose, and a GPA of 3.0 on last 60 hours of undergraduate work). Individuals interested in pursuing the Certificate in Music Pedagogy should contact the Department of Music Coordinator.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
May require leveling courses to be determined by department. Please consult advisor for the program.
Specific Degree Requirements: See Catalog
| General University Requirements
||Must meet certificate program regulations.
||A completed Graduate School application, unless currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
| Letters of Recommendation
||Three letters of recommendation from established professionals commenting on the appropriateness of graduate study in music for the applicant.
| Statement of Purpose
||A statement of intent concerning graduate school.
| Test Scores
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- Foreign credential evaluations must be received by the application deadline for your application to be processed.
- Foreign Credentials Service of America in Austin, TX is the only accepted evaluation agency. They can be reached at (512) 459-8429, email@example.com, or online at https://www.foreigncredentials.org/our-services/apply-now/.
- If you need a request form, please visit the FCSA website to access the form here.
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
||Audition in person (or with acceptable justification approved by the auditioning committee, provide a recent high quality recording via private YouTube link) demonstrating the level of mastery in the proposed pedagogy and performance medium.