Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning
Basic Certificate Information
The Professional Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning provides students with an introductory understanding of the historical, social, international, and physical context of comprehensive land planning and sustainable urbanism. Interested individuals should contact the Urban and Regional Planning Certificate Program Coordinator within the College of Architecture, Construction and Planning.
Admission requirements and Prerequisites
Program may require leveling courses to be determined by department. Please consult advisor for the program.
Specific Degree Requirements: See catalog.
| General University Requirements
||Must meet certificate program regulations.
||A completed Graduate School application, unless currently enrolled as a degree-seeking graduate student.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
| Letters of Recommendation
| Statement of Purpose
| Test Scores
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- Foreign credential evaluations must be received by the application deadline for your application to be processed.
- Foreign Credentials Service of America in Austin, TX is the only accepted evaluation agency. They can be reached at (512) 459-8429, email@example.com, or online at https://www.foreigncredentials.org/our-services/apply-now/.
- If you need a request form, please visit the FCSA website to access the form here.
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.