M.B.A. - Dual Master of Business Administration Degree and Doctor of Medicine/Medical Resident Degree
Basic Degree Information/Description:
The dual degree program is designed to offer the opportunity for medical students and medical residents at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (UTHSCSA) to concurrently enroll in the MBA program at the College of Business (COB) at the University of Texas. In the dual program, medical students and medical residents at UT Health San Antonio can transfer up to nine (9) credit hours taken in their medical program and satisfy some of the course requirements of the MBA program at UTSA. This will decrease the length of time for completion of the MBA degree.
Benefits of pursuing the Dual MBA/Doctor of Medicine/Medical Resident Degree
- The dual degree program provides an avenue for students to concurrently enroll in both degree programs so that duplication in course content is eliminated.
- Time and costs incurred are reduced by about 25 percent compared to earning the two degrees independently.
Total credit hours for M.B.A degree plan:
Degree candidates must complete minimum of 36 semester credit hours of coursework beyond any hours acquired in the M.B.A. leveling courses. Up to nine credit hours can be transferred from appliocants medical program.
* For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines:
Each student must be admitted to both the UTSA College of Business Masters of Business Administration Program and UT Health Doctor of Medicine Program (current student or medical resident) in order to be eligible for the dual degree program.
A complete application package will include:
- A completed application form
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- One nominating letter from a UT Health professor/director
Apply for UTSA’s MBA program here: http://graduateschool.utsa.edu/graduate-admissions/graduate-application/
- Leveling Courses may be required. Please contact the department for more information.
Career options for MBA/Doctor of Medicine/Medical Resident graduates:
The MBA degree provides valuable training for professionals pursuing careers in administration and management through skills learned in core business disciplines such as accounting, business law, economics, finance, information systems, management, management science, marketing, and others.
Graduate Advisor of the College of Business: Cara Jones.
Telephone: (210) 458-6358