Doctoral Degree ProgramsPhysics (Ph.D.)
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS)
Monday - Friday
8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
M.B.A. Business Administration
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is specifically designed to provide an intensive business education. Qualified candidates with an undergraduate degree in a business or non-business area are welcome to apply.
Why a UTSA M.B.A?
- Our tuition is affordable.
- We offer a flex-program. Students may decide how many credit hours per semester to take. Also, students can step out of the program for up to 2 years without having to reapply.
- Students can complete the MBA by going full-time or part-time, and can switch back and forth between the two (flex program).
- Our class sizes are small. Average size is 25 students.
- UTSA ranks 40th in the nation for part-time MBA's by Business Week.
Degree candidates must complete minimum of 36 semester credit hours of coursework beyond any hours acquired in the M.B.A. leveling courses.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines
- Leveling Courses may be required. Please contact the department for more information.
- A degree seeking applicant must meet university wide requirements.
- A completed graduate studies application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- The GMAT is preferred however upon review of the M.B.A. committee, GRE scores may be accepted in lieu of GMAT scores.
- A resume is recommended.
- Letters of Recommendation are recommended
- Statement of Purpose is required.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. citizens (Domestic), or permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit an evaluation from an approved Foreign Credential Agency of transcripts from all foreign institutions attended. If official transcripts are used in the foreign credential evaluation, the official transcript requirement will be considered met. However, if unofficial documents are used in the foreign credential evaluation, final official transcripts must be sent to UTSA.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- The Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA) is a private corporation that provides evaluations of foreign school credentials. The application is available at: Application for Credentials Evaluation.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Career Options Available for an M.B.A. Graduate
- UTSA is the only university in town with a professional and dedicated Graduate Career Services.
- Approximately, 30% of working professionals reported receiving a promotion with an average salary increase in excess of $11,000.
- Graduate internship opportunities are available for traditional two-year students. Full-time students report an average starting salary upon completion of the program of $61,000.
- M.B.A. graduates on a national average earn 50% more after completion of their programs compared to those with a bachelor's degree alone. This will vary by industry, region of country and previous job experience.
- Work alongside professionals from:
Research taking place in the M.B.A.
Our professors do research in their fields which keep them current. In turn, this also helps students keep current and aware of trends/changes.