M.B.A. Business Administration
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is specifically designed to provide an intensive business education. Qualified candidates with an undergraduate degree in a business or non-business area are welcome to apply.
Why a UTSA M.B.A?
- Our tuition is affordable.
- We offer a flex-program. Students may decide how many credit hours per semester to take.
- Students can complete the MBA by going full-time or part-time, and can switch back and forth between the two (flex program).
- Our class sizes are small.
- UTSA ranks 40th in the nation for part-time MBA's by Business Week.
Degree candidates must complete minimum of 36 semester credit hours of coursework beyond any hours acquired in the M.B.A. leveling courses.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog .
| Required Degree
| Other Degree Requirements
| General University Requirements
||Must meet university wide requirements.
||A completed a Graduate School application.
||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
| Resume or Curriculum Vitae
||A current résumé with employment or other experience.
| Letters of Recommendation
||At least two letters of reference.
| Statement of Purpose
||A personal statement is required.
| Test Scores
||Official GMAT or GRE scores.
| Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
| International Applicants
||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Career Options Available for an M.B.A. Graduate
- UTSA is the only university in town with a professional and dedicated Graduate Career Services.
- Approximately, 30% of working professionals reported receiving a promotion with an average salary increase in excess of $11,000.
- Graduate internship opportunities are available for traditional two-year students. Full-time students report an average starting salary upon completion of the program of $61,000.
- M.B.A. graduates on a national average earn 50% more after completion of their programs compared to those with a bachelor’s degree alone. This will vary by industry, region of country and previous job experience.
- Work alongside professionals from:
Research taking place in the M.B.A.
Our professors do research in their fields which keep them current. In turn, this also helps students keep current and aware of trends/changes.
Course Scheduling and Offerings
A majority of our MBA students are working professionals. Thus, most classes are offered in an evening format at the 1604 Campus.