Doctoral Degree ProgramsPhysics (Ph.D.)
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
M.B.A. Business Administration
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is specifically designed to provide an intensive business education. Qualified candidates with an undergraduate degree in a business or non-business area are welcome to apply.
Why a UTSA M.B.A?
- Our tuition is affordable.
- We offer a flex-program. Students may decide how many credit hours per semester to take.
- Students can complete the MBA by going full-time or part-time, and can switch back and forth between the two (flex program).
- Our class sizes are small.
- UTSA ranks 40th in the nation for part-time MBA's by Business Week.
Degree candidates must complete minimum of 36 semester credit hours of coursework beyond any hours acquired in the M.B.A. leveling courses.
For a complete list of degree requirements please see the Graduate Catalog .
|Required Degree||Bachelor’s degree.|
|Other Degree Requirements||None.
|General University Requirements||Must meet university wide requirements.|
|Application||A completed a Graduate School application.|
|Transcripts||Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.|
|Resume or Curriculum Vitae||A current résumé with employment or other experience.|
|Letters of Recommendation||At least two letters of reference.|
|Statement of Purpose||A personal statement is required.|
|Test Scores||Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores (no more than five years old) (upon review of the M.B.A. Committee, GRE scores (no more than five years old) may be accepted in lieu of the GMAT scores)|
|Evaluation of Foreign Credentials||All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. citizens (Domestic), or permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit an evaluation from an approved Foreign Credential Agency of transcripts from all foreign institutions attended. If official transcripts are used in the foreign credential evaluation, the official transcript requirement will be considered met. However, if unofficial documents are used in the foreign credential evaluation, final official transcripts must be sent to UTSA.
|International Applicants||Must meet international graduate student admission requirements
Career Options Available for an M.B.A. Graduate
- UTSA is the only university in town with a professional and dedicated Graduate Career Services.
- Approximately, 30% of working professionals reported receiving a promotion with an average salary increase in excess of $11,000.
- Graduate internship opportunities are available for traditional two-year students. Full-time students report an average starting salary upon completion of the program of $61,000.
- M.B.A. graduates on a national average earn 50% more after completion of their programs compared to those with a bachelor’s degree alone. This will vary by industry, region of country and previous job experience.
- Work alongside professionals from:
Research taking place in the M.B.A.
Our professors do research in their fields which keep them current. In turn, this also helps students keep current and aware of trends/changes.