Doctoral Degree Programs
Graduate Certificate Programs
Downtown Campus Programs
M.B.A. - Executive M.B.A.
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.) is structured specifically for executives, professionals, and rising leaders who have significant professional experience. This five-semester plan of study features cohort classes, lock-step weekend class scheduling, and an emphasis on acquiring advanced skills and knowledge needed to solve the pressing concerns of today’s fast paced economy. The E.M.B.A. is accredited by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and conforms to its recommended guidelines.
Why Pursue an Executive M.B.A?
The EMBA program provides a collaborative learning environment where students engage with accomplished faculty and a diverse peer group with relevant experience and perspectives from a variety of industries. This collaborative environment provides an opportunity for students to strengthen business fundamentals and acquire advanced skills and knowledge that are immediately applicable and build an exceptional platform for career and personal growth.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines:
- Please reference the EMBA website at www.emba.utsa.edu for details on the admissions process
- Having had approximately 10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- A completed graduate studies application. Please reference the EMBA website at www.emba.utsa.edu for details on the admissions process.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- GMAT is not required
- A resume is required. Applicants are expected to have approximately 10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- Applicants must submit 2 letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to participate in a personal interview with the E.M.B.A. Admissions Subcommittee of the Executive Programs Committee.
- Minimum TOEFL Score (for International Applicants): 550 paper/79 internet
- Minimum IELTS Score (for International Applicants): 6.5
- Additional Requirements: International students and those with international degrees may be required to submit additional documents per our admissions policies and procedures. The Graduate School reserves the right to request any additional documents needed to fairly and consistently evaluate applicant credentials.