M.B.A. - Executive M.B.A.
Basic Degree Information/Description
The Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.) is structured specifically for executives, professionals, and rising leaders who have significant professional experience. This five-semester plan of study features cohort classes, lock-step weekend class scheduling, and an emphasis on acquiring advanced skills and knowledge needed to solve the pressing concerns of today’s fast paced economy. The E.M.B.A. is accredited by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and conforms to its recommended guidelines.
Why Pursue an Executive M.B.A?
The EMBA program provides a collaborative learning environment where students engage with accomplished faculty and a diverse peer group with relevant experience and perspectives from a variety of industries. This collaborative environment provides an opportunity for students to strengthen business fundamentals and acquire advanced skills and knowledge that are immediately applicable and build an exceptional platform for career and personal growth.
Admission Requirements and Deadlines:
- Please reference the EMBA website at www.emba.utsa.edu for details on the admissions process
- Having had approximately 10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- A completed graduate studies application. Please reference the EMBA website at www.emba.utsa.edu for details on the admissions process.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. All international transcripts must be recorded in English or officially translated to English.
- GMAT is not required
- A resume is required. Applicants are expected to have approximately 10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- Applicants must submit 2 letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to participate in a personal interview with the E.M.B.A. Admissions Subcommittee of the Executive Programs Committee.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
. International Applicants:
Additional Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet international graduate student admission requirements.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
As a UTSA graduate student, you would be eligible to apply for financial aid in the form of a federal loan called a Direct Stafford Loan. For details on Stafford Loans, please refer to the following web site: www.studentaid.ed.gov.
Course Scheduling and Offerings:
This five-semester plan of study features cohort classes, lock-step weekend class scheduling. Visit out website for curriculum information.