Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/150 Hour Professional Accounting)
The University of Texas at San Antonio integrated bachelor and master’s degree program provides the opportunity for outstanding undergraduate students to simultaneously begin work on a master’s degree.
The Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/ 150 Hour Professional Accounting) offers these advantages over the standard Master's Program:
- A 3/2 degree program.
- Allows accounting majors to spread the graduate courses required for the MACY degree over their fourth and fifth year of the 150 hour program.
- Upon completion of the Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/150 Hour Professional Accounting), student will be simultaneously awarded the BBA in Accounting and the Master of Accountancy degrees.
- Meet the accounting coursework requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Examination.
- More marketable for employment opportunities with both degrees.
Policy and Admission Requirements for Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Accountancy Admission Requirements:
- Currently attending/active UTSA undergraduate degree seeking major, with at least 60 credit hours towards the undergraduate accounting major.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0, a grade point average of 3.0 in accounting courses taken.
- An acceptable official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score.
- Have completed a minimum of 6 semester credit hours of upper-level undergraduate accounting courses including ACC 3023 Intermediate Accounting I.
- Select the Accounting - 150 hour, Master of Accountancy program on the Graduate School online application.
- Submit online application with a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official GMAT test scores, institution code: 6919.
- Submit a personal statement.
- A current resume with data regarding employment and other relevant experience (optional)
- Letters of reference (optional)
Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Additional Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet international graduate student admission requirements.
Once admitted to the Integrated BBA-MACY or BS-MS, you are required to meet the academic standards of the Graduate School. For details on Graduate School policies and procedures go to the Graduate School Handbook.
For additional information:
- Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Business
Office: BB 4.01.18
Phone: (210) 458-4641
- University of Texas at San Antonio - Graduate School
Office: PNB 2.210
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Financial Aid / Scholarships:
- For tuition purposes, students will be considered undergraduates until they complete their undergraduate requirements, which should be no later than the end of the fourth year.
- Once admitted to an integrated program in their junior or senior year, they will continue to be charged at the undergraduate rate and retain eligibility for undergraduate funding.
- After completing 120 or all bachelor’s requirements, students will be classified as a Graduate Student.