Doctoral Degree ProgramsPhysics (Ph.D.)
Master's Degreechoose a program
Graduate Certificate Programschoose a program
Downtown Campus Programschoose a program
Integrated Programschoose a program
Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/150 Hour Professional Accounting)
The University of Texas at San Antonio integrated bachelor and master's degree program provides the opportunity for outstanding undergraduate students to simultaneously begin work on a master's degree.
|College||Undergraduate Degree||Graduate Degree|
|College of Business||BBA-Accounting||Master in Accountancy|
The Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/ 150 Hour Professional Accounting) offers these advantages over the standard Master's Program:
- A 3/2 degree program.
- Allows accounting majors to spread the graduate courses required for the MACY degree over their fourth and fifth year of the 150 hour program.
- Upon completion of the Accounting, MACY (Five-Year/150 Hour Professional Accounting), student will be simultaneously awarded the BBA in Accounting and the Master of Accountancy degrees.
- Meet the accounting coursework requirements to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Examination.
- More marketable for employment opportunities with both degrees.
Policy and Admission Requirements for Bachelor and Master's Degree in Accountancy Admission Requirements:
- Currently attending/active UTSA undergraduate degree seeking major, with at least 60 credit hours towards the undergraduate accounting major.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0, a grade point average of 3.0 in accounting courses taken.
- An acceptable official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score.
- Have completed a minimum of 6 semester credit hours of upper-level undergraduate accounting courses including ACC 3023 Intermediate Accounting I.
- Select the Accounting - 150 hour, Master of Accountancy program on the Graduate School online application.
- Submit online application with a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official GMAT test scores, institution code: 6919.
- Submit a personal statement.
- A current resume with data regarding employment and other relevant experience (optional)
- Letters of reference (optional)
Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. citizens (Domestic), or permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit an evaluation from an approved Foreign Credential Agency of transcripts from all foreign institutions attended. If official transcripts are used in the foreign credential evaluation, the official transcript requirement will be considered met. However, if unofficial documents are used in the foreign credential evaluation, final official transcripts must be sent to UTSA.
- An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
- The Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA) is a private corporation that provides evaluations of foreign school credentials. The application is available at: Application for Credentials Evaluation.
- IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 79 or 60 for Internet or paper versions, respectively.
Additional Requirements: A degree seeking applicant must meet international graduate student admission requirements.
Once admitted to the Integrated BBA-MACY or BS-MS, you are required to meet the academic standards of the Graduate School. For details on Graduate School policies and procedures go to the Graduate School Handbook.