Research Grant Funded Opportunities
Community of Science- Pivot Guide
Community of Science (COS) Pivot helps us find new federal, foundation, and nonprofit funding opportunities. Pivot combines the most comprehensive, editorially maintained database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles, drawing from Community of Scholars and Community of Science profiles.
Click here to create your Pivot Account. Complete the fields and click on Create my Account.
Click here to create your Pivot Profile.
Click here to begin a search.
- Step 1: On the main funding opportunities page, we recommend that you choose Advanced Search, found below the search field.
- Step 2: The Advanced Funding Search page has many different options. The first section lets you search by Sponsor, Title, or Abstract of opportunities, or simply perform a keyword search (in your case, it could be your research topic, or it could be graduate opportunities, or you can leave this field blank). You can refine your search to include many other fields or you make exclusions.
- Step 3: Under Keyword, click on Browse and click on the arrow next to main area to drill down to subject. (For example, Click on the arrow next to “Health & Medicine” to drill down to “Biomedical Engineering” or “Diseases and Disorders”, click on the next arrow to drill down even further.)
- Step 4: Under Applicant Type, click Graduate Student.
- Step 5: Click the Search button once you have completed entering your search criteria.
- Step 6: A listing of opportunities that match your search criteria will appear. On this page, you can see the Grant, Title, Sponsor, Deadline, and Amount of each opportunity.
- Step 7: Save your query to be run at a later time and to set up email alerts about new opportunities related to your search. (You must be logged into your account in order to save searches and/or change settings)
- Step 8: Click on the Grant Titleto see the Abstract, Eligibility, and URL of the opportunity.
If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to contact Raquel Shrager, 210-458-8228, firstname.lastname@example.org