Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS)
Monday - Friday
8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Phone: (210) 458-4331
Fax: (210) 458-4332
UTSA Scholarship Office and External Opportunities
- College & Departmental Scholarships
- Miscellaneous Scholarships
- UTSA Endowed Staff Scholarship
- UTSA Staff Council Scholarship
- UTSA Alumni Association Scholarship
- Florence Terry Griswold Scholarships (For female graduate students and faculty from Texas or a Pan American Country)
- Young Scholars Research Assistantship (Summer research program for 1st and 2nd year Ph.D. students interested in humanities or social science fields)
External Funding Opportunities:
- AAUW Educational Foundation American Fellowships
Support for women pursuing dissertations in science, technology, engineering or math, or who are researching gender issues
- AAUW Educational Foundation Selected Professions Fellowships
Support for women in master’s degree programs in architecture, computer science/information systems, engineering, and math. Also will support the second year of MBA study for women of color.
- American Anthropological Association Minority Fellowship Program
Support for minority students writing a dissertation in any area of anthropology.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Dissertation Grants
Support for quantitative research on U.S. education using data from large-scale data sets supported by NCES, NSF, and other federal agencies.
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Minority Dissertation Fellowship Program
Purpose is to advance education research by outstanding minority graduate students.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Fellowships
Support for students studying in the areas of space science/physics.
- American Psychological Association Minority Fellowship Program
Support for students pursuing graduate work in a clinical, counseling, or school psychology program, as well as for students who have interest in pursuing a career in behavioral health policy.
- Archaeological Institute of America Fellowships and Grants
Support for study in a number of regions for the purpose of research and travel to AIA meetings to present papers.
- British Marshall Scholarships
Support for American graduate students of high ability to study in one of Britain’s centers of academic excellence.
- Charlotte W. Newcomb Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships in Women’s Studies
Support for the study of ethical or religious values in all fields of the humanities and social sciences.
- Computational Science Graduate Fellowship Program
Support from DOE for students to undertake graduate work in each of a scientific or engineering discipline, computer science, and applied mathematics.
- Daniel Kovach Foundation Women's Scholarship
We're giving away $500 to a female college student this year.
- DiversityJobs Scholarship Program
DiversityJobs.com’s scholarship program is open to all diversity and minority students, including Hispanics, African Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, military veterans, women, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT community. DiversityJobs.com awards $1,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or graduate students from registered schools in the US.
- Environmental Protection Agency STAR Fellowships
Supports master’s and doctoral students in environmentally-related fields of study.
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation Graduate Fellowships
Support for Ph.D. study in applied physical sciences, biological sciences, and engineering.
- Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
Open for applicants in most fields.
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
Open for applicants in most fields with the exception of Business, Social Work, and Education.
- Fulbright Fellowship for International Studies
Supports study abroad for one year.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
LASPAU administers a part of the Fulbright Program which provides grants to individuals from Latin America and the Caribbean for graduate study in the United States.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Support for Latinos pursuing graduate degrees.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholarship
Funding to advance the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need.
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program
Open for applicants studying in the areas of arts, humanities or the social sciences.
- Just Jobs Scholarship Program
JustJobs.com’s scholarship program awards $1,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or graduate students.
- LatPro Scholarship Program
LatPro.com’s scholarship program for Hispanic students awards $1,000 three times annually to currently enrolled undergrads or
graduate students from registered schools in the US.
- NASA Graduate Student Researchers Program
Supports graduate study leading to a master’s or doctoral degree in the fields of science, math, and engineering related to NASA research and development.
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowships
Support for doctoral students who have shown special aptitude for advanced training in the sciences or engineering and who are studying in a field of interest to the Department of Defense.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship
Support for individuals pursuing advanced research in the humanities.
- National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship
Support for Ph.D. work in high energy density physics.
- National Physical Science Consortium Graduate Fellowships
Supports top students pursuing graduate work in science, mathematics, and engineering, with special emphasis on recruiting minority and female students.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
Open to students studying in disciplines supported by NSF.
- National Science Foundation- SBE Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants (SBE DDRIG)
- National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Graduate Fellowships
Support for U.S. graduate students to specialize in language study or study in an international area in regions other than Canada, Western Europe, Australia, or New Zealand.
- National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA's)
Fellows work on programs designed to counter nuclear proliferation and maintain nuclear security.
- Pathways to Science
Supports students seeking education and career training in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
Open for new Americans who are in their 1st or 2nd year of graduate study in any area.
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Graduate Fellowship
Support for Ph.D. students with research interests in micro-electronics.
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Master’s Scholarship
Support for underrepresented minority students with interest in research in semiconductors.
- SMART Scholarship
Open to applicants working in STEM discipline to work in Department of Defense labs.
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowships
Support for research in a variety of areas supported by the Smithsonian.
- Spencer Dissertation Fellowships
Supports students whose dissertation research shows potential for bringing a fresh and constructive perspective to the history, theory, or practice of formal or informal education anywhere in the world.
- SSRC International Dissertation Research Fellowship
Support for dissertations in the humanities or social sciences that advance knowledge about non-U.S. cultures and societies.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation Dissertation Fieldwork Grants
Funding for projects in any area of basic anthropology.
- WREI Congressional Fellowships on Women and Public Policy
Supports for graduate students with a proven commitment to equity for women who are interested in the public policy process.