Uploading International Documents
All required documents must be submitted by the posted deadline. All materials become property of UTSA and are maintained at The Graduate School. For applications submitted over a year ago will require new and updated materials.
Documents that have been uploaded through the online application do not require hard (paper) copies. This applies to both domestic and international applicants. Note: this does not apply to transcripts.
Uploaded Unofficial transcripts can be accepted for the review of the application only. All Official transcripts and Degree Certificates should be received by UTSA prior to registration, if admitted. The Graduate School requires official transcripts from every institution an applicant has attended.
Curriculum Vitae or resume/ Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose:
- Applicants will need to upload all supplemental documentation required by their program through their online application.
- Under "Additional Application Requirements" tab, click the tab "Provide Your Supplemental Documentation"
- Upload your resume, statement of purpose and test scores
- After files are uploaded click "Save & Return to Checklist"
GRE or GMAT Test Scores:
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores depending on your program of interest. Refer to your program for more information.
- Test scores must be received directly from ETS to be considered official.
- We do not consider photocopies or scanned copies of test scores to be an official score report.
- The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for The University of Texas at San Antonio is 6919.
- An applicant whose program of interest requires either the GRE or GMAT is required to submit the official test scores prior to rendering a decision.
- UTSA offers preparatory workshops through the Office of Extended Education. You may contact them for additional information.
Letters of Recommendation:
- Letters of Recommendation vary by program. A maximum of 3 letters may be required. Please review your program for more information.
- To upload a letter:
- Register each of your recommenders through the online application
- Your recommender's contact information is required (Email, Phone Number, etc.)
- A notification will be sent to each of the recommender's email accounts
- The recommender will complete their recommendation and attach their document as a response to the initial email
- Once the recommender has completed the process, an automated email will notify you the process has been completed
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring their recommenders have completed the process by the posted deadline
- Applications may be submitted without their Letters of Recommendations; however, the review process will not be completed until all requirements are fulfilled
Submitting Official Transcripts:
Please click HERE for international transcript instructions.
The Graduate School requires official transcripts from every institution an applicant has attended. Transcripts must be received in a completely sealed envelope to be considered official. Institutions may submit official transcripts electronically by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail official transcripts to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: The Graduate School
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to expedite your application processing; however, official transcripts are required.
All documents submitted through a courier service (UPS, FedEx, other) are sent directly to UTSA’s Central Receiving office. The Graduate School will receive the document within 2-3 business days of receipt from the Central Receiving Office.