New to GPS?
Some Basics to Understanding GPS:
- Events are open to all UTSA graduate students and postdoctoral associates. If you are not a graduate student and postdoctoral associate but would like to attend, please ask us at email@example.com We prefer to include rather than exclude if space is available.
- We promise not to inundate you with emails. You will receive a monthly GPS Events email and a quarterly GPS Newsletter email. We will use our GPS Calendar to provide registration links for activities and those application will provide reminders, not GPS.
- Although many activities take place at the UTSA main campus, students and postdoctoral associates from UTSA downtown campus and UT-Health San Antonio are welcome and encouraged to participate and fill out a GPS participant survey.
- We want you to engage with GPS as early as possible – even your first year at UTSA – in order to learn how to explore careers, determine which job sectors you enjoy, and build the skills needed to successful in your future dream job.
- To encourage you to build skills, we have implemented a micro-credentialing system. Each activity allows you to gain a specific “soft skill” and acquire an electronic badge that you can showcase on social media, such as LinkedIn.
- By collecting electronic badges, you can unlock access to gaining upper-level badges, such as competencies. If you attain a competency badge (communication, career development, ethics, leadership or teamwork), you will be invited to attend “Dessert with the Dean”. If you collect three or more competency badges, you will be invited to attend “Dinner with the Dean.” Each of these events will happen twice a year.
If you have any questions about the newly branded Graduate and Postdoctoral Success (GPS) Program, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org