Important announcement from Ambika Mathur, Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
- UPDATE 6/14/21: Foreign credential evaluations are required for all applicants to the Alvarez College of Business. All applicants, including non-U.S. citizens (international), U.S. citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with an evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credential Services of America. This is the only accepted evaluation agency for The Graduate School.
- UPDATE 3/10/21: Temporary test score suspension of GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL scores has been extended for Spring, Summer and Fall 2022 applications for most programs. View a complete list of suspension updates here.
- UPDATE 10/7/20: Temporary test score suspension of GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL scores has been extended for the Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 application cycle for most programs. Please view a complete list of suspension updates here.
- UPDATE 6/25/20: Temporary test score suspension of GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL scores has been extended through the Spring 2021 application cycle. Unofficial transcripts will continue to be accepted as well.
To best accommodate graduate program applicants, in consultation with all UTSA colleges and with the approval of UT System, the Graduate School will temporarily suspend consideration of the following materials for admission to its graduate programs until further notice:
- GRE and GMAT test scores
- Official TOEFL test scores : instead, applicants will be asked to use other means of demonstrating English proficiency
- Official transcripts : instead, unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application materials followed by official transcripts before the end of the first semester of registration.
In the absence of test scores and official transcripts, graduate admission committees will holistically review each application and temporarily modify the weights applied to the remaining admission criteria. The same overarching goal must be maintained: to admit students whose application materials demonstrate a likelihood to be successful in the graduate program and, ultimately, in their chosen career.
Important: Check Master's and Doctoral deadlines before starting an application.
For more COVID-19 Updates for the Graduate School, please visit our FAQ Page.